Discourse

Lays Rodrigues lays.rodrigues at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 16:25:06 GMT 2018

Let's not go in that way.
As a ~new person~ on KDE, 3 years only, we need to move to a modern web. At
least in my point of view, I really think that using old stuff doesn't
attract new people. In that I have a few ideas for some KDE websites go
modern, but that is a project for the future.
Discourse is a way to do that. I don't have much idea on how is the cost to
maintain such an application, but in the field to setup it, I don't
think that is hard since we just need docker and Postgres.

So Ben and other sysadmins,
Ben, you had some concerns that others answered on this thread.
What do you think?

Also, I found this ansible to deploy discourse with and without docker,
that can be a starting point:
https://github.com/jamielinux/ansible-discourse

Let's think about how this can help all the KDE users, and push our
community forward. If we have old stuff that is hard to maintain, and it is
outdated, we should move forward.

** My opinions can be *simple*, because I think that the *situation* is
simple, also because I may not have a *macro* view of everything**

Cheers,

--

*Lays Rodrigues*

*KDE*