Happy Birthday, KDE!

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Oct 14 18:26:51 BST 2018

Hey folks :)

Today is KDE's 22nd birthday. On the one hand this means we are among
the oldest free software projects there are. But at the same time so
much has happened over the last year that it feels like the very best
is yet to come. I'm really proud of what we have achieved over the
past year. Just a few random highlights for me:
* We've selected and rallied behind 3 goals that we care about deeply
- privacy, onboarding and usability and productivity.
* We've massively improved the public perception of KDE.
* We've received 2 very large donations that allow us to do
significantly more to support the community.
* We've had a really great Akademy with many (new) contributors and partners.
* We've got 2 new advisory board members and a new corporate
supporting member for the KDE e.V.
* And of course we created and released really kick-ass software ;-)

What was your highlight of the past year?

Happy Birthday, KDE! Here's to many more years.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org