Bugzilla template problems

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:27:29 BST 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:

> Oh btw, just as a random FYI: I think stuff like this is why ubuntu
> eventually ended up having a GUI tool (ubuntu-bug) to help file bug
> reports with useful metadata. Putting it on the user to figure this
> stuff out is unreliable at best and can easily get overwhelming.

This. Is there a way for us to have the Help > File a bug menu start a
"kde-bug" process like "ubuntu-bug" ? And to have a `kde-bug packagename`
in the commandline? In Kubuntu, this makes filing even complex bug reports
(such as against the installer while testing release candidate ISOs) much
more easy, and the information provided is exactly what the Ubuntu
developers need to make fixes.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez