Call for contributors for Fixture [ Qt5 based raster graphics editor ]

Kuntal Majumder zee at hellozee.me
Sun Sep 23 06:31:11 BST 2018

Hi,

Ideally we should be taking the conversation to somewhere more appropriate but nevertheless,

 ---- On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 03:44:27 +0530 Elv1313 . <elv1313 at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > The first one is the original GimpShop. Back in Photoshop 7 days, GIMP
 > was mostly on par when it came to features beside non-RGB color
 > systems. So someone just forked it to clone the Photoshop menu and
 > tools layout. It was a novelty for a time, but didn't take Photoshop
 > crown when it was technically close to be on par with it. Then someone
 > usurped the project brand recognition to distribute malwares and the
 > current "GimpShop" has nothing to do with the original fork.

I would disagree with you, even the current GIMP is not par with Photoshop 7.
https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap , if you take a look carefully under the 3.2
section, you would find a couple of common things which were there in
Photoshop 7 but still not there in the current GIMP.

 > The second was called Pixel. This person made a shareware that really,
 > really cloned Photoshop. It was ported to every operating systems
 > under the sun[1], even the most obscure ones. You could pay a very
 > small fee to get the version that didn't add random watermarks from
 > time to time when you saved. The GUI was a 1:1 clone and all the
 > features actually worked surprisingly well. Still, that was a dozen
 > year ago and where is it now?

You mean Pixeluvo right? If it is Pixeluvo, then sadly I have to disagree with you
again. The free version was just a 30 day trial, it is only available for Linux and Windows,
haven't tried all the features but can say it for sure that the GUI was not a 1:1 clone,
though pretty close.

Thanks
Kuntal M