Improving Bugzilla Status Names

Elvis Angelaccio elvis.angelaccio at kde.org
Sat Sep 22 12:41:39 BST 2018

On venerdì 7 settembre 2018 01:43:46 CEST, Andrew Crouthamel wrote:
> I spent some time looking through RESOLVED > INVALID bugs to
> see how they are being used. The vast majority are for closing
> bug reports that were upstream/downstream, no response from
> reporter, or not a bug to begin with. It appears renaming
> INVALID to NOTABUG would be a good change, as some of the other
> bugs that have been closed as RESOLVED > INVALID would be better
> served under RESOLVED > WORKSFORME (bug report with no response
> from reporter) or RESOLVED > UPSTREAM (bug report with
> problematic Nvidia drivers) or RESOLVED > DOWNSTREAM (bug report
> with distro problems).
>
> Regarding closing wishlist items with, I believe RESOLVED >
> LATER is a good choice, it appears others are already doing
> that.
>
> Here is my follow-up change recommendation based on feedback and research:
>
> UNCONFIRMED -> REPORTED
> WONTFIX -> INTENTIONAL
> INVALID -> NOTABUG

Hi

I'm surprised the new names have already been deployed on bugzilla.

We are talking about a pretty big change in our workflow and I think we
didn't discuss it enough. Also, many developers are not on this list and we
should have contacted at least kde-devel first.

For example, I don't understand how am I supposed to close wishlists now.
Resolved-Wontix made sense to me, Resolved-Later or Resolved-Intentional do
not, imho.

Cheers,
Elvis