Call for contributors for Fixture [ Qt5 based raster graphics editor ]

Kuntal Majumder zee at hellozee.me
Sat Sep 22 09:18:22 BST 2018

 ---- On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:10:01 +0530 Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote ----
 > This. And Kuntal, from controversial angle, how would Fixture help re-sellers? They would ignore with you from the day one I bet, then they will fight. I see this all the time with, say, Blender. The time you Fixture team releases 1.0 all specialized apps will be available via service only (compare Fusion 360).

Actually I also pitched this in Adobe's office during a community gathering and apparently they cutoff the video recording in the mid way.

 > Practical thing is, I'd like to gently hear from the Krita community if they accept properly done "Photoshop" mode for Krita, perhaps at the build time and if possible go there. Krita has dozens of structures and GUI items you need but you do not want to re-implement them in coming years... This can be done right but has costs too for Krita so cost-benefit math needs to be done first.

Someone in reddit was also saying that, the UI is built on plugins so practically we can scrap the UI and use Krita as a base to develop it further. Would be helpful if someone can shed some light onto it.

Thanks
Kuntal M