pseudonymous contributions to KDE

Christian Loosli kde at fuchsnet.ch
Wed Sep 19 11:28:03 BST 2018

Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2018, 12:02:22 CEST schrieb Luigi Toscano:

> > Same as above on the whole.  At least in Scotland there's no
> > restrictions on what name you chose to use for any purpose as long as
> > it's not for fraud.  Obviously the harder it is to prove a name
> > matches to a real person the harder it would be to test in a
> > worst-case-scenario court case but I think limiting it would just
> > limit our contributions for no good reason.
>
> The possibility of a court case (and all the complications related to
> copyright laws) is a good enough reason.

I have seen at least 4 FOSS projects with the opposite problem:
a specific person using that info to harass people, including:

- calling them at their home
- slandering their name, including false accusations most horrible crimes
- calling their employers and families, trying to get them in trouble

so I understand every person who prefers to work under a pseudonym and I think
we should not make this impossible.

Kind regards,

Christian