New KDE.ru website

Ilya Bizyaev bizyaev at zoho.com
Tue Sep 18 16:39:37 BST 2018

Today the Russian-speaking KDE community proudly launches its updated website, KDE.ru. The new website serves as the main page for the Russian-speaking community. It provides localized information about KDE, product download links and the list of social network pages we maintain. It is also meant to help new members get involved in KDE’s projects, particularly in our translation and promotion efforts. The website was created by me and Alexander Potashev on top of Jonah Brüchert‘s work for plasma-mobile.org. It uses Jekyll and is now hosted on official KDE servers. It replaces the old forum that has significantly lost its users in the past years. Also, our localization documentation has been moved from a self-hosted wiki at l10n.lrn.ru to https://community.kde.org/RU. We would like to thank Ben Cooksley for his help with website deployment, all the users who participated in beta testing, and everyone who helped polish the content. If you have any comments or suggestions, don't hesitate to reply to this message or contact us directly. Source code: https://cgit.kde.org/websites/kde-ru.git/ Announcement in VK: https://vk.com/kde_ru?w=wall-33239_2123 Cheers, Ilya.