Fwd: How to become a distribution?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Thu Sep 13 00:18:51 BST 2018

+ kde-community for greater visibility

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: How to become a distribution?
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 22:14:40 -0500
From: A. Wilcox <awilfox at adelielinux.org>
To: distributions at kde.org

Hello there,

I'm the project lead of Adélie Linux, a musl libc-based distribution
focused on security and reliability.  Our primary desktop environment is
KDE.  I noticed that some distributions already have access to the
18.08.1 and 5.50 tarballs, while we don't.  For instance, on the
Applications schedule[1], it states: "Minor release is tagged and made
available to the packagers".  How does one tell KDE we're packaging your
software and would love to be on the list of people who obtain these
releases?

I searched the Wiki for "distributions", "packagers", and "becoming an
official distro", and read the entire archive (2016 to present) for this
list, and found no documentation on this.  I also did a search of
"packagers site:kde.org" on DuckDuckGo and came across this:

https://www.kde.org/download/packagepolicy.php

This policy makes it seem like we need to provide you with our .apks.  I
would be more than happy to do so if that is what you require.

Best to you and yours,
--arw

[1]: https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/18.08_Release_Schedule

--