Nominate key KDE frameworks and packages for inclusion in the OIN Linux System Definition

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 13:46:41 BST 2018

On Wednesday, 29 August 2018 18:53:39 CEST Mirko Boehm wrote:
> KDE software is covered in the definition, but not in the latest version.
> KDE 3 and 4 packages are included.

Does any mainstream distro still ship any KDE3 stuff? Does any mainstream
distro still ship any KDE4 stuff? (FWIW, I've just added deprecation notices
to all the KDE4 packages on FreeBSD, thinking we were the last to get rid of
it).

> I would like to see the KDE frameworks
> and key shared libraries included. The system definition includes reusable
> components, applications (“leafs” of the dependency tree) are usually not
> included. The Linux System is updated every 18-24 months. We just finished
> one round of updates, so now is a good time to think about nominating
> updates to the latest versions of “legacy" KDE packages, and nominating new
> packages for inclusion.

Sure, I'd be up for that -- I see Cornelius is, too. We could try wrangling
the frameworks in, as well as updating KDE4 bits if needed; 17.08.3 was the
very last update of that stack, we could check if it's in the LSD.

[ade]