FOSDEM: call to action!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 22 20:23:32 BST 2018

On woensdag 22 augustus 2018 11:54:06 CEST Pau Garcia Quiles wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I will not be requesting a stand or devroom for KDE, Desktops or
> anything for FOSDEM 2019. I don't even know if I will be there.

Aw... We would miss you!

In any case... This year's stand was a bit bare, and though I were there, I
got injured and could only be at the stand on Saturday, which sucked. But
Fosdem is still a place where we as KDE should be.

So...

Could you please share with me what needs to be done to get a stand? I guess
that desktop devrooms are a thing of the past, but the stand was still well-
visited this year.

Also, for everyone else reading this:

* We need decoration for the stand. Cloths for the table. Do we have those? We
should have vertical banners designed and printed: I would like one for kde as
a whole, one for krita + kdenlive, one for plasma -- three would cover the
backside of the table, and obviate the necessity to plaster the window with
tape. Can KDE e.V. pay for those?

* We need volunteers to be there. Booth duty is fun, though this time we
should take care to make sure it doesn't become the KDE insiders social event,
but a place for people to meet our community.

* Merchandise. I have, again, or maybe still, plenty of Krita stuff to hand
out. We should have KDE stuff, too. For that, we need designs, we need money;
I have a local printer who can do cool stuff and a big suitcase. We need a
budget.

I've also copied the usual page:

https://community.kde.org/Promo/Events/FOSDEM/2019

--