Improving our integration with KDE application teams, and supporting companies

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Mon Aug 20 17:51:17 BST 2018

On Monday, 20 August 2018 18:41:31 CEST Sune Vuorela wrote:
> I have still to be convinced that it is a good idea that KDE eV decides
> whose work is good enough to qualify for KDE money.

Well, you could let the membership vote whether they trust an applicant, for
instance. Or let the board decide about this, which was elected by the
membership.

It will be like this anyways: The e.V. as a fact has some money, and the e.V.
has to decide somehow what to spend it on. If you don't trust anyone to make a
decision what to do with the money, you will end up doing nothing with it,
which is probably very close to the worst possible outcome. Being overly
cautious usually doesn't lose, but it pretty much never wins either.

Best,
Sven