Calling all contributors: Please help us with the EduCode2018 event

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 12:44:29 BST 2018

Hello,

Please check out task

https://phabricator.kde.org/T8122

Tomothee can't make it in the end, and Aleix is not sure if he can attend
either. We need people to staff the booth that would like to explain to
teachers, school representatives, parents and students how KDE Edu software
can be helpful educational tools.

You don't have to be a developer, just familiar with the software applications
and some experience from working with educational institutions would be
helpful, but not essential. So, if there are any teachers or ex-teachers out
there, this is ideal for you.

There will be a workshop on GCompris, which Timothee was going to deliver, but
as he can't come, unless there is someone better to do it, I will take over.

But, apart from GCompris, we will want to demo all sorts of KDE educational
software at the booth. We want to reach the widest possible audience.

This event is important because we will get to speak to people who can get our
software installed in classrooms and we can test applications and games on
real-life users.

I look forward to your help.

Cheers

Paul