Twitter access

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jul 19 13:25:41 BST 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 09:13:16PM +0900, Eike Hein wrote:
> I agree the "unnamed" and not having good docs (hello again, topic)
> on this is bad.
>
> There's a long history of the web presence being treated in a special
> way, though. Even in the good old CVS/SVN days, you needed a special
> permission bit to be able to commit to www/ doled out by sysadmin via
> a murky badly-defined process. This isn't a new problem. This problem
> predates most of our present-day contributors, so it's ironically a
> very KDE thing.
>
> Here's the way to fix this: kde-promo writes a documentation page on
> the wiki about how the Twitter account is run and how exactly to
> escalate requests related to it.

As I say I am aware of the process and the need for restrictions.  But
I have access to KDE social media and have done since we started
having any.  But for some reason I am being blocked from this one
account.  Nobody has yet said who by or why.  It's illogical,
humiliating and despiriting.

Jonathan