Twitter access

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 14:45:26 BST 2018

On miƩrcoles, 18 de julio de 2018 15:16:39 (CEST) Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I'll stop doing KDE promo again then.

Please don't. I for one value your contributions and think that a rift between
Promo and yourself would be bad for both parties.

> KDE shouldn't have unnamed
> higher powers who block community contributions.

This is not the case. The only thing is that  we don't do off-the-cuff social
posts any more. Is there a small group of people who has access to the social
media accounts? Yes. And not everybody even in promo has access to the social
media account? That is correct.

But that is because it is not necessary: when somebody wants to post
something, we discuss the wording (for a very short while -- it doesn't drag
on anything) in the promo channels, find an image, and then publish. It is
never the work of one single person.

You're subscribed to the Promo channels. You must've seen this in action. This
is the same for everybody, whether they have direct access to the accounts or
not.

We work like this with Kdenlive, Krita, Akademy organisers, and so on and it
works well. We are getting consistently more traction on posts since we
stopped improvising.

I hope the above convinces you to carry on being part of promo

Cheers

Paul

--
Promotion & Communication