The VDG

Lays Rodrigues lays.rodrigues at kde.org
Wed Jul 11 00:06:16 BST 2018

Just a thought:
"If you want to point a finger, do it at me. I am at fault for not guiding
sooner."

I don't think that we need to point fingers here. Or that we need a leader.

What we need is a guideline that everyone can *understand* and *follow*. We
need to be a *team*. We need to put our pride by the side and discuss every
view that one has on the subject.

Isn't just 'we don’t dimension that a graphic design that took us 2 hours
to make will take 6 months to deliver'.
It's to understand the macro view of a project, it's to understand how
everything is affected by that change. We need to measure that, and that is
where I do +1 on your comment about a Project Management. The Agile Method
has a lot of good practices that we can study and adapt for our use case.

Also, if we start to follows 'one leader', that can cause us future
problems, as if the burden gets too heavy and so on, or as starting
pointing fingers on stuff that we lost track just to have a 'fall guy'.
We need to *share* *our* *knowledge* and build the common base of that. We
can't rely upon one person for that. Otherwise, all the history or the
background will get to dust when 'the leader' gets out of the community.

We can have guidance, but I think that you don't need to take all of that
upon you Andy.

Best regards,

--

*Lays Rodrigues*