Sysadmin notice: static website generation revamped

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 08:59:35 BST 2018

Hello community,

We sysadmins were working on revamping how the static websites are
generated and deployed to the final server. Earlier static website were
generated on the olios.kde.org, however server itself is running very
old version of ubuntu. Which prevented us to run the newer versions of
ruby/jekyll/sphinx/hugo etc.

To fix this, we have come up with docker image with LTS ubuntu 16.04 and
we are now running the website generation on binary factory [1].

We have migrated the following websites to this new deploy mechanism.

- 20years.kde.org
- br.qtcon.org
- choqok.kde.org
- digikam.org
- docs.krita.org
- evolve.kde.org
- falkon.org
- fr.kde.org
- hig.kde.org
- inqlude.org
- manifesto.kde.org
- minuet.kde.org
- openraster.org
- plasma-mobile.org
- staging.digikam.org
- zanshin.kde.org

If you spot any regressions with this websites, please feel free to reach
to us through sysadmin ticket.

[0] https://cgit.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling.git/tree/system-images/static-websites/Dockerfile
[1] https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Websites/

--