GDPR and krita.org

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon May 14 18:31:50 BST 2018

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 3:04 PM Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought I'd seen some discussions on this topic already, but I cannot
> find
> them, so I probably am mistaken. In any case, during today's Krita meeting
> this came up (
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DnCNHHDVWhY-VaNkHL7ldckov1--xe1yLa2ZFp4jwBw/edit#),
> and a couple of questions were raised:
>
> * Do we need a privacy notice? If so, is there a good template for it?

I asked for one to be created on the e.V. membership list. Andy said he'd
look into it.

> * Do we need to remove the links to social media?

No unless you do some tracking/profiling.

> * Can we continue offering an email updates service?

This is a general newsletter about new stuff in Krita? That should be fine
as long as people opt-in (consent needs to be given to an understandable
question), have a way to unsubscribe and you don't do anything else with
the accounts unless consented to.

> * Anything else?

I recommend reading
https://blog.varonis.com/gdpr-requirements-list-in-plain-english/  It
helped me quite a bit.

Cheers
Lydia

> --
> Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
Wikimedia DE Product Manager for Wikidata
http://kde.org - http://wikidata.org - http://open-advice.org