Fuzzy searching against KDE repositories

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun May 6 20:24:46 BST 2018

On Sunday, 6 May 2018 17:04:24 CEST Dimitris Kardarakos wrote:
> PS1: If similar projects that I am not aware of currently exist in KDE
> we may consider using them instead of this approach (or join efforts if
> they are compatible). My intention is just to start a discussion about
> how big data, indexing and fuzzy searching may improve onboarding and
> "promotion" work.

Well, Paul Adams (emeritus) and Kevin Ottens have been doing some kind of KDE-
contributor-metrics, finding central people, noticing networks of contributors,
showing how the split into many git repo's has affected the social cohesion of
the project, for about 10 years now.

So there is some existing work, although it's focused more on understanding
what's going on, than on helping out with onboarding.

[ade]