Akademy 2018 VISA Invitation Letters Process

stefan at derkits.at stefan at derkits.at
Tue May 1 21:37:38 BST 2018

Hello everyone,

with the first round of travel support finished and Akademy coming
nearer & nearer, we want to tell you how to get an Invitation letter for
your VISA (if you need one).

* Send your request for an invitation to akademy-team at kde.org, Subject:
"Visa Invitation Request"
* In the request, we need the following data:
** Full Name
** Full Address
** Country of Origin
** Passport Number
** Date of Birth
** wether you are a sponsored attendee or not
** Arrival & Departure Time

* We will process the requests in batches around every 2 - 3 weeks:
** First batch: requests that arrived until 9th of May 12:00 CEST
** Second batch: requests that arrived until 23rd of May 12:00 CEST
** Third batch: mid of June, as soon as the second round of travel
support is finished (exact date to be announced)
** Further batches: to be announced

What are the steps after the end date of a batch for visa invitations:
* The Akademy team will process it and prepare the letters
* The local inviting institution will sign the letters
* We will send you a scan of the signed letter via mail & the original
letter via post

Stefan