Neon Pinebook Remix as part of KDE

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 09:30:07 BST 2018

On woensdag 18 april 2018 08:54:53 CEST Volker Krause wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 15:18:05 CEST Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>
> > How do we feel about shipping installable images with non-free
> > supporting software?  The alternative is to drop and not ship any more
> > images for Plasma Active or Mobile etc.
>
> Knowing the joys of binary-only graphic drivers first hand I assume there is
> no viable alternative at this point. In that case I think this is indeed
> the most pragmatic way forward, neither we nor our users would gain
> anything by rejecting this IMHO.

Right. We have even seen some positive signs from the pinebook people and were
able to create a better understanding for the need for open drivers, so a few
steps on our end also create the desire on the hardware manufacturers' end(s)
to move closer to a workable and open solution.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org