Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 22:08:01 BST 2018

We have a thread where someone proposes removing statuses, and a proposal
which involves adding a status :/
That doesn't sound like we're unified on what we need at all.

​Personally I would use flags for this "reproducible" or not.

Advantages are:
 - it visibly lists who could reproduce it in a way that is retained after
status changes  (if set up as "multiplicable") and optionally even shows
who has tried and can't.

 - we can enable it per-product (doesn't even need a sysadmin)

 - we don't have to do a difficult migration over bugzilla.  Renaming some
fields is one thing, modifying the core is a lot of work and dangerous.

That hopefully frees up unconfirmed/confirmed to be back to their meaning of

 "do I need anything else from the reporter?"
yes -> needs info
no -> confirmed/resolved

which is how I'd like things to be

David