Replacement of KDE Identity

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Apr 7 01:04:53 BST 2018

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For sometime now it has been becoming increasingly apparent that our
> existing system for universal login, KDE Identity, has been reaching
> the end of it's life.
>
> Replacing it however is no easy feat, and unfortunately no existing
> solution is able to meet our requirements. To that end we've now
> published a task detailing what is required of a replacement to KDE
> Identity (https://phabricator.kde.org/T8449)
>
> Should anyone be interested (or know anyone who could potentially be
> interested) in working on this, it would be appreciated if you could
> please contact us.

FWIW this is of especial importance. We (the Board) had a call with
Ben few weeks ago and discussed this issue, it's clear that it's
something central to KDE infrastructure.

If you are wondering if this is worth spending some of your time, it
probably is. Especially if you are familiar with such technologies.

Aleix