KDE goals IRC office hour

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Fri Mar 16 12:10:02 GMT 2018

On 16.03.2018 12:29, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday, 16 March 2018 09:20:26 CET, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
>> KDE
>>
>>     Efforts:
>>         None
>>         WANTED: Maintaining KDE development environment image
>>         WANTED: Hosting Janitor containers for KDE
>>     Benefits:
>>         Development environments for KDE (hosted by IRILL)
>>
>> It seems the ball was dropped regarding this. Why? Should be a perfect
>> fit for the onboarding goal, no?
>

> I think there was also:
>
> Efforts:
>     Missing: telling KDE that this thing exists
>
> Maybe that's a bit snarky, but I can't find any previous mention of
> janitor on any KDE mailing lists. Is it possible that they set this up
> and then forgot to inform anyone? Maybe just the Mozilla tools list? I'm
> happy *you* know about it, and now think "this should be updated, and
> quick". There doesn't seem to be any way to quickly log in -- seems it's
> still in the alpha-invite-only phase.
>
> [ade]

Ooo... k. That is highly weird. I've been wondering, how LibreOffice
could get with the program "like the kool kids at KDE" and now it turns
out KDE doesn't know it is in. You're too hip for your own good, it seems!

To Scott and anyone else: Janitor uses Docker so its not "either or".
Here is the repo collecting all the environments:
https://github.com/JanitorTechnology/dockerfiles

Ilmari