Opportunity: Promo banners for Kdenlive and Krita

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 09:34:13 GMT 2018

On jueves, 8 de marzo de 2018 10:09:42 (CET) Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 10:05:34 CET Paul Brown wrote:
> > > There are talks and workshops, in my experience no booths. No space
> > > where
> > > you'd put up a promo banner, at least, I've never seen those: but I'd
> > > still want one for Krita!
> >
> > Absolutely. It is re-usable, so it makes total sense. It would've been
> > good
> > for FOSDEM, where they had the artist doing the Krita demo. Next year,
> > then.
> So, should I contact the artist?

To get the design? Yeah, absolutely. Ping him. He is doing these for free,
yes?

> Or will someone else do that, or will they
> contact me?

To actually order the banner, we should probably take this discussion to promo
and check budgets and so on. When do you foresee needing this?

> > > LGM is extremely small, actually, and has been shrinking for some time.
> > > It's not a place where people come to see you present your software
> > > project (although that does happen, it's not encouraged), rather,
> > > everyone is supposed to already know about most relevant projects, and
> > > there's one introductory presentation called the "State of The Libre
> > > Graphics Union" for which every project can submit some slides, usually
> > > presented by a gimp/gegl developer.
> >
> > Okay.
> >
> > I have just told a faculty member at the School of Fine Arts of Málaga
> > about the event, and he is going to see if they can organise a trip to
> > Sevilla. They have also agreed to get in touch with other Fine Art
> > schools from around Andalucía. If they get their act together, I will
> > contact the organisation and see if, at least for one year, we can
> > reverse that trend.

I mean, of course, a trip for the students and professors.

> Oh, that's an excellent idea!

I hope it works.

Paul
--