Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Wed Feb 28 10:20:51 GMT 2018

On 28.02.2018 12:01, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 10:32:58 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 28 February 2018 00:14:30 CET Luigi Toscano wrote:
>>> On bugzilla.redhat.com some teams use the Triaged keyword. I think it
>>> would
>>> be a good solution.
>>
>> I've been trying that, and it just doesn't work for me, like I said in my
>> first mail to this thread. It doesn't work because it's a tag separate from
>> the status of the report: tried-but-could-not-reproduce-yet is a state, part
>> of the flowchart, not a tag. The state should change once the bug could be
>> reproduced, or is resolved.
>
> I disagree and I think it makes sense as keyword, as general attribute of the
> bug (something happened according a triaging process). It is a modifier of the
> "NEW"/initial state that is brought around later.

When we had our bikeshedding discussion about TRIAGED status over at
LibreOffice, the rough consensus regarding the criteria was:

1. There was an attempt to find a duplicate
2. The bug was reproduced
3. Regression testing was performed
4. In case of regression, having completed bisecting was not mandatory
5. In case of crash, backtrace was obtained (or at least attempted)

Ilmari