Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 27 22:56:57 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 23:17:02 CET Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
> On martedì 27 febbraio 2018 21:06:04 CET, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 20:39:31 CET Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
> >> Exactly. Also, what Luca said: unconfirmed gives the impression that we
> >> don't care about the bug.
> >>
> >> My point is that confirmed/unconfirmed adds more problems than it solves.
> >
> > Note _again_ that I am NOT asking for keeping unconfirmed/confirmed to
> > stay
> > like it is with those terms. What I _need_ is another state. To
> > repeat, I need
>
> > the following states:
> Ok, let's try:
> > * bug is reported, nobody has looked at it.
>
> NEW? REPORTED?
>
> I like Reported because is also used by the Qt bug tracker.
>
> > * bug is reported, somebody has looked at it, but the bug
> > cannot be resolved
> > or confirmed at this point
>
> TRIAGED?
>
> Do you want this kind of bugs to show up by default in the list of bugs?
>
> > * bug is confirmed, but not resolved yet
>
> OPEN or CONFIRMED, either would work I think.
>
> > * bug is resolved in one way or another.
>
> CLOSED or RESOLVED, same as above.
>
> Sorry for the caps lock :p

Yes, any of those would be fine, and yes, TRIAGED would not be "resolved", so
it should show up in the list of open bugs. NEW, TRIAGED, CONFIRMED, RESOLVED
would be best, I guess -- but I have no hard preferences. There's some
technical difference between RESOLVED and CLOSED, but nobody actually seems to
CLOSE bugs?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org