Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 27 20:06:04 GMT 2018

On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 20:39:31 CET Elvis Angelaccio wrote:

> Exactly. Also, what Luca said: unconfirmed gives the impression that we
> don't care about the bug.
>
> My point is that confirmed/unconfirmed adds more problems than it solves.

Note _again_ that I am NOT asking for keeping unconfirmed/confirmed to stay
like it is with those terms. What I _need_ is another state. To repeat, I need
the following states:

* bug is reported, nobody has looked at it.
* bug is reported, somebody has looked at it, but the bug cannot be resolved
or confirmed at this point
* bug is confirmed, but not resolved yet
* bug is resolved in one way or another.

Call them whatever you want, I'll be fine with that. New, Triaged, Confirmed,
Resolved, whatever.

That would be a change that would help me; just replacing UNCONFIRMED with NEW
is just window dressing, and honestly, based on nothing but gut feeling and
hunches. Go ahead if you want to, but it _doesn't do a thing_. It's lipstick
on a pig.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org