Invitation to join FOSS Backstage 2018

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 13:13:58 GMT 2018

Somewhere the question got lost about how Agnes was approaching us:
 1. as sponsors / booth purchasers
 2. as a community with something interesting to tell

I read it as (1), and regarding that I think it's safe to say that no, we
don't want a 3500 EUR booth at a conference. Although if someone describes a
business case that makes sense of spending money to present ourselves to this
particular audience, I'll be happy to take that statement back.

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:30:08 AM EST Mirko Boehm wrote:
> > On 22. Feb 2018, at 12:20, Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:

> >> It's an interesting)-ish) conference, though not really technical
> >
> > This should not put us off, Adriaan. We are explicitly looking for non-
> > technical events, even not specifically FLOSS events, where we can go and
> > seek more users.

That's fine, Paul.

> Yes, maybe. If we have relevant issues to share this will be a good
> conference for it. It is about governance and compliance, I am sure we have
> something to present. How about talking about the manifesto and our code of
> conduct, community principles. Any takers?
>
> I have submitted presentations about compliance tooling and OIN. Hope to see
> you at the event :-)

Well, maybe. I was just preparing a talk on governance, manifesto, code of
conduct (also the FreeBSD one, which is very very different in wording from
the KDE bits) for a Dutch thingmabob, I may try to recycle it (and have
emailed as much to Agnes, in the unlikely event that it was reason (2),
above).

[ade]