Invitation to join FOSS Backstage 2018

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 11:20:39 GMT 2018

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 12:00:01 CET Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday, February 9, 2018 3:33:24 PM EST Agnes Ratajczyk wrote:
> > Dear KDE-Team,
> >
> > I'd like to invite you to join us for the first FOSS Backstage
> > <https://foss-backstage.de/> conference on June 13&14 in Berlin. It will
> > take place directly after Berlin Buzzwords <https://berlinbuzzwords.de/>
> > and is dedicated to everything related to *Free and Open Source Software
> > governance and open collaboration*.
>
> It's an interesting)-ish) conference, though not really technical

This should not put us off, Adriaan. We are explicitly looking for non-
technical events, even not specifically FLOSS events, where we can go and seek
more users.

> or
> something for us as a whole; I have replied off-list to the sender on the
> assumption they're approaching us for sponsorship, rather than for
> speakers.

We can send speakers, only probably they would not necessarily be
developers... or maybe yes.

It is time to shake this perception that the KDE community can only offer
technical talks, especially if we want to reach a wider audience.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication