Invitation to join FOSS Backstage 2018

Agnes Ratajczyk ara at newthinking.de
Fri Feb 9 20:33:24 GMT 2018

Dear KDE-Team,

I'd like to invite you to join us for the first FOSS Backstage
<https://foss-backstage.de/> conference on June 13&14 in Berlin. It will
take place directly after Berlin Buzzwords <https://berlinbuzzwords.de/>
and is dedicated to everything related to *Free and Open Source Software
governance and open collaboration*.

FOSS Backstage will provide a space to discuss a broad spectrum of
issues related to community management, vendor neutrality and leading
projects without discretionary power. Conference topics will include
open source project leadership best practices, community management,
open source project metrics, open source strategy for the enterprise,
adopting open source collaboration in corporations, legal matters when
dealing with open source and many more.

With Shane Coughlan
<https://foss-backstage.de/news/shane-coughlan-confirmed-keynote> (OpenChain)
and Danese Cooper
<https://foss-backstage.de/news/announcing-danese-cooper-our-keynote> (Head
of Open Source Software at PayPal) we have already announced two
high-quality keynotes to kick-off the first edition of the conference.
Additionally the Apache Software Foundation will hold their Apache EU
Roadshow <https://foss-backstage.de/news/apache-roadshow-fossback> at
FOSS Backstage.

For the conference we are expecting around 400 participants: community
leaders, developers, architects, sysadmins, consultants – basically
everyone interested in building, managing and sustaining communities
within the open source space.

We would be happy to see you get involved, whether it's by getting an
early bird ticket, reserving a booth space or talking to us about
partnerships tailored to your needs and wishes. If your organisation is
interested in supporting us as a sponsor, feel free to contact me for
more details on partnership opportunities. We have special offers for
non-profits. We also offer combined packages with Berlin Buzzwords which
takes place right before the FOSS.

View our full partner brochure here
<https://foss-backstage.de/sites/foss-backstage.de/files/2018-01/FOSS-Backstage_sponsoring.pdf>.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards from Berlin!
Agnes

P.s.: Our Call for Papers is open until February 18th. Feel free to
forward the link to your colleagues or submit yourself. We'd appreciate
that and hope to see you at FOSS: https://foss-backstage.de/call-papers

--
Agnes Ratajczyk
Project Coordinator

Bürozeiten: Mo,Di & Do,Fr 09:30 bis 17:30 Uhr
Fon: +49 30 92105-982
Fax: +49 30 69203379-9
ara at newthinking.de
http://www.newthinking.de