bugzilla, it's products, how they relate to projects. it's a mess...

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Wed Jan 31 19:44:13 GMT 2018

I want to add something: one intimidating thing is that a new
contributor needs to request editing rights to Bugzilla. Perhaps this
was enforced when someone got fed up with reporters toggling statuses,
but I think having such a fence is the wrong way to deal with this.
People typically need to hunt for the right person to ask, be patient
etc. It is the opposite of streamlined onboarding.

In LibreOffice, we only restrict priority and severity and even those
upwards from medium/normal. We monitor messy stuff with a script:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=history;f=esc-reporting/qa-tools.py

Ilmari