Input on privacy goal

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Fri Jan 19 20:24:31 GMT 2018

Am Freitag, 19. Januar 2018, 15:30:25 CET schrieb Volker Krause:

Hi,

> Here are some thoughts on threat models for this, as a possible way to
> better capture what we want to achieve.

that's a good start!

I'd like to add

6) Rogue local software

Assume you run any kind of software not coming from a trusted source (your
distribution). E.g. you clone a github repo and run the code. That code may
pull in further untrusted dependencies (maven, node, ...). It should be easy
to protect your personal data, kwallets, browser history, etc. and local
network from that code.

Possible counter-measures: easy and configurable sandboxing

Thanks
Carsten