KDE and Google Summer of Code 2018

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 17:06:52 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On venerdì 19 gennaio 2018 13:42:25 CET David Edmundson wrote:
> > Note that they'll be finishing GSOC around the same time as 5.14, so that
> > potentially means GSOC work released in 5.15.
> > We shouldn't pick high priority ones that we want done before then.
>
> basing on the priorities recorded in https://phabricator.kde.org/
> project/view/
> 254/
>
> a possible list, among the "medium":
> * removable devices
> * printers
> * spell check
> * formats
>
> among the "high", but we can live if gets delayed a bit:
> * mouse (can of worms?)
> * date/time
> * user manager
>
> other suggestions?

Mouse is maybe covered by Roman's existing task?
Printers isn't part of Plasma, we need to check with the author.

But I think all of them are good options.

They're not the same size, I don't think working on date and time would
take up 3 months.
Maybe we can group a few of the simpler ones together?

Go for it.
You can put me down in the list of mentors.

David