KDE and Google Summer of Code 2018

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 12:42:25 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Nate Graham <pointedstick at zoho.com>
> wrote:
> > I've submitted an idea for System Settings: Improve handling for
> touchpads
> > and mice with Libinput
>
> Speaking of systemsettings, would be a good fit porting to qml some
> medium-to-big kcm?

It's perfect.

Though I'd like us to emphasise that it's not just about doing a simple 1:1
switch of the UI layer but building on Andy's mockups with a UI redesign,
doing a code tidy up, and fixing any relevant open bugs in that module at
the same time.

Note that they'll be finishing GSOC around the same time as 5.14, so that
potentially means GSOC work released in 5.15.
We shouldn't pick high priority ones that we want done before then.

David