End of year fundraising campaign part II

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Dec 18 10:43:39 GMT 2017

Hi,

Tomorrow we will be posting in the dot an article related to our end of year
crowdfunding campaign. It is a summary of the stuff developers have done in
KDE during 2017. It talks about Kirigami, Plasma, Plasma Mobile, applications,
improvements and more.

We will be publishing it at about 9 am CET and  the news will go onto KDE's
official social media accounts, as we did with the campaign page. Once, that
is done, we would like to ask for your help in spreading the links.

As it is not published I cannot provide you with links to the social media
posts, but the link to the post on the dot will be:

https://dot.kde.org/2017/12/16/kde-end-year-fundraiser-2017-live

So, if you would like ot start drafitng your own posts, that's the link you
can use, apart from

https://www.kde.org/fundraisers/yearend2017/

of course.

We will provide you with more links as soon as we have them.

The idea is try and publish stuff every time interest (and donations) start to
flag, so as to keep interest high over a longer period of time.

In other news, the start of the campaign has been good. At the moment of
writing, we have nearly reached 10% of the goal, and it has only been three
days. Thanks to all for your contribution to making this a success.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication