time to review the goal proposals

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Oct 18 17:49:25 BST 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey folks :)
>
> A little over a month ago I asked KDE contributors to submit proposals
> for goals that KDE should focus on over the next 3 to 4 years
> (http://blog.lydiapintscher.de/2017/08/20/evolving-kde-lets-set-some-goals/).
> I am very happy with the proposals that were submitted from different
> parts of the community. A lot of work and thought went into them and
> they all would make great focus areas for KDE over the coming years.
>
> From today until the end of October we will go into the next phase and
> refine these proposals. You can help make them ready for the vote in
> November. Read them and add your thoughts and ideas as a comment to
> the proposal. What do you like about the proposal? What can you add to
> the proposal? What isn’t ideal or worth pursuing? Are they ambitious
> but achievable? Is now the right time to push them forward? Are they
> specific enough so we know what everyone needs to do to move them
> forward? Are they bringing us closer to our vision of a world in which
> everyone has control over their digital life and enjoys freedom and
> privacy? Those are just some of the questions you should ask yourself
> and comments about. Then if you are interested in seeing the goal
> pursued add your name to the list of interested people. Even better,
> if you are willing to put work into a particular goal add your name to
> the list of people who want to work on the goal.
>
> Head over to the list of all submitted goal proposals and start
> reading: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/244/  ;-)

Hey folks :)

Just a quick reminder that we have a bit less than two weeks left to
get the goals in shape and express what we want. If you have
comments/wishes/ideas for improving and refining the goals please head
over to https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/244/ and start
commenting if you have not already.

Cheers
Lydia