Happy Birthday, KDE!

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 21:24:02 BST 2017

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey everyone :)
>
> Today KDE is turning 21. Happy Birthday, KDE!
> I wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you to all of you for
> being around and helping to bring our software to millions of people
> all around the world. I am very happy about the work we have been
> doing on defining goals for the coming years. What was your highlight
> of the past year?
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Yes, happy birthday to US! In the USA, we would say that the KDE
community becomes an adult. :-)

Thank all of you who have helped me to become a contributor! It is one
of the joys of my life, along with watching my grandson grow up.

It's hard to pick on a highlight, but Akademy sort of wrapped all that
up for me this year. So much fun, and so much work! The success of
neon, the continued success of the Plasma team, now blossoming onto
the Purism phone and so many other successful and growing projects and
teams. And yes, the goal-setting has been really great. Touching base
with Franklin from Taiwan and the Munich team, seeing old friends and
making new ones, digging deep into good and
terrible-but-will-be-improved websites, and more.

What began this year for me was KDE.conf.in. I was so honored to
keynote the conf, and be able to work with the students the next day.
Our meals and travels together were so overwhelmingly awesome --
pictures and words can only begin to describe what a monumental
experience this was.

Thank you so much, community, for all your hugs, your encouragement,
your gentle teaching and terrible puns.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez