Is there interest in participating in Google Code-in this year?

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Fri Oct 13 11:05:52 BST 2017

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 23:15:27 CEST Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Hello folks, when I've written about GCi before this, I got few to no
> replies. My feeling is that previous enthusiastic mentors are without
> the energy and time to participate this year.

Heya,

I also feel that for KDevelop we'd rather be taking a break this year. The
last years with GCI have been reaaally exhaustive; managing a bunch of
students who have looots of questions all day :)

And also, working on KDevelop tasks usually requires a very good understanding
of Qt/C++ which is sometimes difficult to demand from 14-17 years olds.

And life's getting more busy over here, so I'm afraid we'll have to skip
participating here.

*If* it's going to happen we'll try to come up with tasks, there's no pressure
to participate from our side at least.

Sorry,
Kevin