FOSDEM 2018 call for participation

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Wed Oct 4 23:05:46 BST 2017

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
> <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Unfortunately this year we did not get a room for the Desktops DevRoom
> :-(
>
> Then we should figure out how we can be represented in some of the
> accepted dev rooms and show up there. The mobile one seems pretty
> obvious but there is also at least the community, legal and design
> rooms where I think we could have interesting things to say. Where
> else?

There are many, indeed:

Embedded, Mobile and Automotive
Distributions
Graphics
Legal and Policy Issues
Open Document Editors
Valgrind, GDB and Debugging Tools
BSD
Community

And I guess that's exactly the reason why there is no Desktops DevRoom this
year: the topics of the devroom fit very well into other devrooms. For the
past 3-4 years, it was increasingly difficult to receive good talk
proposals, and half the schedule was composed by talks rejected by other
devrooms that I dumpster-dived :-/

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org