Status of Wayland implementation on nVidia graphics cards

Roman Gilg subdiff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 19:44:21 BST 2017

Hi Christian,

you find a log in "~/.local/share/sddm/wayland-session.log".

After your session doesn't react anymore reboot and log into X session,
where you can read the log out then (in X session it will log to "~/
.local/share/sddm/xorg-session.log").

Before asking again for help you may find a solution already by looking at
the log yourself. I suspect an update of kernel or mesa might already help
you. Also make sure you're using the HWE stack of Ubuntu 16.04 with updated
X.Org.

When this helps, please let us know. When this doesn't help feel free to
ask again in a reply (with the log attached).

Cheers,
Roman