[Update] Big Hairy Audacious Goal: Privacy Software

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Sep 22 13:48:58 BST 2017

Hi all,

~One month ago, I asked for input and inspiration for the KDE Goal
"Privacy Software", see
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q3/003892.html

I've put some more time, brainpower and patience into that, and put
together a fairly comprehensible goal proposal, which can be found here:

https://phabricator.kde.org/T7050

TL;DR:

"In 5 years, KDE software enables and promotes privacy"

I think this is a goal which is engaging, measurable and most
importantly worthwhile.

What I need now:

* Review: Please look over the proposal, make trivial fixes right
  there, propose more comprehensible or possibly goal-altering changes
  in the comments of that page or in this email thread
* If you believe this goal is worthwhile for KDE and you support it,
  please add your name under it
* If you intend to actively support this goal in whatever way, please
  also indicate this on the phab page

Special thanks so far for the help with this go out to: Umberto,
Martin, Volker, Alexander, Agustin, Christoph, Clemens and of course to
Bhushan and Lydia. \o/

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org