Goal: Improve Plasma Mobile platform for end-user needs

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 00:26:44 BST 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Bhushan Shah <bhush94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello KDE community,
>
> For big-hairy-audacious-goal here is my proposal
>
> "Improve Plasma Mobile platform for end-user needs"
>
> I believe that after doing work on Desktop for almost ~21 years, it
> makes sense to explore the new form factor. While we are offering the
> privacy and security centric opensource products for the Desktop, we
> should also attempt our best in providing same products for Mobile as
> well.
>
> I've written proposal in details at the Phabricator board [1]. Feel free
> to give feedback or ideas.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://phabricator.kde.org/T6878

I like the idea, especially because it's probably the best moment to do it.

I believe there's a lot we can offer to the mobile community. In the
end all of us are carrying such a device with us. It's something we
care about.

That said, I think it's also worth including here other major mobile
platforms. I'm convinced that the appeal to make an application mobile
is magnitudes greater if the application will work on other platforms
besides our own.

Aleix