Goal: Making KDE software the #1 choice for science and academia

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 15:20:07 BST 2017

Il giorno Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:43:42 +0200
Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> ha
scritto:

> And I think there are enough benefits to establishing ourselves in
> all fields of research to make it worthwhile.

In fact I think it would be worthwhile to present such options. I've
seen KDE software used in places I did not expect (e.g. a research
institute in agrobiology I visited a few years ago).

That said, I think it would be also a good idea to see "what makes our
software palatable for R&A" (which is potential reason 2 in your Phab
task). At least in my field (bioinformatics) most do not even know it
exists.