Splitting Craft, move the recipes to GitHub

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Thu Aug 24 11:33:23 BST 2017

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 2:45 AM, Hannah von Reth <vonreth at kde.org> wrote:
>> Is there any chance for bidirectional mirroring, so that KDE projects
>> could easily apply
>> pull request of non KDE members?
>> The KDE bot reply to pull request is more than discouraging.
>
> In theory one can still take pull requests from Github, as long as
> they're pushed first to git.kde.org.
> Our systems will then mirror it to Github automatically.

In practice, many people on github don't use proper names
as author. As a consequence, pushing a github pull request
is often rejected by KDE git commit hooks. I ran into exactly
this problem several times by now, which is the reason why
I gave up on merging github pull requests this way.

So in practice, it does not work.

Greetings
Dominik

PS: I think enforcing a proper author naming style is
    important for KDE, especially since sometimes we
    need to contact authors years later. So I am not
    proposing to remove the KDE commit hooks...