Telemetry Policy

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Aug 24 10:10:34 BST 2017

On Saturday 19 August 2017 12:02:03 Volker Krause wrote:
> Good point, I clarified the intended meaning of "opt-in" in the wiki, that
> is:  off by default and only activated by explicit action of the user
> (inaction is not good enough).

Curiously, there's a lot of "telemetry policy" news items popping up this
week, for instance:

	Mozilla ponders making telemetry opt-out, 'cos hardly anyone opted in

(that's on the Register) and there were others. So it looks like communication
-- what's the data for, why is it collected, and what can happen to it -- is
key here.

[ade]