Proposal: Have the Community Set Ambitious Goals for Itself

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Aug 21 10:10:59 BST 2017

On maandag 21 augustus 2017 08:42:42 CEST Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 12:38:17 CEST Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>

> > On dinsdag 15 augustus 2017 00:47:15 CEST Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>

> > > If I get at least two people to agree in this thread that they will
> > > submit a goal I commit to making the process work according to the
> > > proposed timeline.
>
> > I'll do that. We probably should coordinate somehow which goals, so we
> > don't end up with almost duplicates, or leave out sensible options.
>
> I think that's the whole point of working out the proposals + the discussion
> phase during October. It should help a great deal to make sure duplicates
> are known and merged before the poll starts.

I misunderstood the process a bit. I thought a bunch of people would send in
proposals and then we'd vote, but I was afraid that that would produce crappy
input for an important process. (Crappy, measured by my first attempt at
producing something half-decent.)

It's crystal clear to me now, and I think that that MO should totally work. :)
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org