QtWS 2017 update: team rally call; asset prep; Telegram group

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Aug 21 09:50:53 BST 2017

Hi!

I decided to start a new thread because no one reads monster threads :)

Things to talk about:

(1) QtWS KDE team

Currently I have gotten responses from:
* Eike (yes I talk to myself)
* Helio
* Rohan
* Adriaan
* Aleix
* Sune
* Mirko
* Leinir
* Boud
* Bhushan
* Scarlett

That's 11 people, which is great. We are confirmed to get to have 15
people with us this year, so there's still a chance to speak up and join
to help.

This week I'll be sending everyone a private mail with:
(a) The QtWS registration code link so you can sign up for your free
QtWS ticket
(b) A question about your duty preferences in order (booth, talk
chairing, talk video camera manning) so I have data to draw up a duty
roster once we get closer to the event

So keep your eyes peeled on your inboxes!

(2) KDE registration desk and booth flyer

We need a compelling flyer we can stack on the QtWS registration desk
and our booth. It should recap what KDE is about (we have a great new
additional source to draw from this year: the KDE Mission statement) and
what we want to pitch to QtWS attendees.

Jens, do you want to take charge of layout/integration on this?

Who wants to work on content?

We should not be lazy about this so we can figure out printing etc. in
time without crazy chaos.

(3) Posters

In 2015 we had some nice posters on KDE Frameworks and our dev tools.
Who has the files so we can look into if we can reuse or update them?

(4) Demo loops

Leinir, you mentioned wanting to work on demo loops - do you want to
take charge of this now and tell people what help you need to get it done?

(5) Telegram group

In 2015 we used a "KDE at QtWS" Telegram group to coordinate during the
event. As more people use Telegram now, it makes sense to revive this
early also for the prep phase. Go here if so inclined:

https://telegram.me/joinchat/Azsz2AFTa7HE0h8CLPzFpQ

Cheers,
Eike