Mission has been accepted

Olivier Churlaud olivier at churlaud.com
Sun Aug 20 19:28:56 BST 2017

Hi,

> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:13:56 -0700
> From: Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com>
> To: informing about and discussing non-technical community topics
>         <kde-community at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: Mission has been accepted
>
> On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hey everyone
> >
> > Given that there were no further comments I have now removed the draft
> > tag from the Mission at https://community.kde.org/KDE/Mission.
> > Thank you everyone for your comments and the fruitful discussion. I am
> > grateful for your input and help in getting this written down. I hope
> > next to the vision and manifesto it will become an important guiding
> > document for us.
> >
> > The next step is setting big hairy ass goals as we discussed   I'll
> > send the next steps for that tomorrow.
> >

> > Cheers
> > Lydia
>
> Thanks to all who pushed to get this refined and done. Thinking
> together is always valuable, and opens each of us to our shared
> creativity. Good show!
>
> On to our concrete goals to put this mission into action!
>
> Valorie

Nice work !

In a way to have all info at the same place couldn't we move the manifesto to
https://community.kde.org/KDE/Manifesto ?

Not related but relevant for other ongoing topics:
I'm thinking that we make more and more a relevant use of the community wiki,
so maybe we could use some parts of it as the official texts of the KDE
community, and therefore have a less clunky/overpopulated kde.org website? (I
want to do a content proposition when Ken is ready with a first wordpress
draft).

Cheers
Olivier