[kde-community] Re: radical proposal: move IRC to Rocket.Chat

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Aug 15 11:53:10 BST 2017

> On 15 Aug 2017, at 12:09, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
>
> On 15 August 2017 at 10:44, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org> wrote:
>> The VDG has contributed to the Etherpad, so their requirements are covered in there.
>
> How to evaluate if Matrix/Riot covers them?  Stuff like "Have a UI
> that someone who is < 20 years old and cares about the looks of a UI
> would use" is hard to evaluate and much of the rest is also about feel
> which is hard to quantify.

That one was my initial copy & paste from the mailing list thread. I admit it’s not very good and I’ll have to make it more objective. Other VDG members were better at that because they didn’t come from the emotion-laden email thread.

In general the Etherpad has to be cleaned up, the more discussion-y parts have to be removed.

I’ll go over it tonight and make sure it’s in a usable shape, but any help with that is welcome, so everybody please feel free to edit anything that isn’t an objective requirement to turn it into one, and just delete the comments.